Friday, September 25, 2009

Are personal blogs a thing of the past?

As you may or may not know I used to post a lot of articles here. It was great for a while. I could link to other sites that I thought were cool or important and hope that some people would check it out and comment. The problem with that is that you can't really MAKE people took at your stuff. This results in low hit counts to my blog which effect self esteem.

Then I got on Facebook and kind of forgot about my blog.

Facebook is great to share information, thoughts, feelings and links because it broadcasts to all your friends as opposed to a blog where people decide if they want to spend the time at your site. I think this has had an incredible effect on the personal blogosphere. I know that my wife's personal blog has not seen a new post in months. I've not posted a whole lot here in the last year compared with previous years. It's just easier to keep current in one place.

So have you seen a decrease in your personal blog visits and activities due to Facebook or MySpace or even Twitter?


0 comments: