Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Post Avatar Depression.

I have to admit I've not seen Avatar yet but I hear from almost EVERYONE who I know that has seen it that it is a very good movie.  Sure the plot seems to be a cornucopia of several other movie plots but that's not what I'm hearing is the aspect worth going to see it.  It's the special effects.  I hear it's simply amazing.  Sure I'll see it but I think I'll rent it on Blue-Ray when it comes out this summer.

I also don't care to see it in 3D.  i don't want to get a headache and more importantly I don't want to be a part of this:
"Avatar" is on track to be the highest grossing film of all time, but some viewers say it leaves them depressed.

Aside from making 1 BILLION US dollars in 17 days and heading on track to take over Titanic as the highest grossing movie of all time it seems that there are some people that just can't see fantasy and art for what it is.  FAKE!

Here are some recent headlines from DrudgeReport.com.


Chicago Alderman Declares War On 'AVATAR' .... Makes Marines Look Like 'Lunatics'...
Which marines?  Real marines living on Earth in the present time?  Get over it.

Vatican says no masterpiece...
"Why on earth do we care what the Vatican has to say about this?  Avatar isn't trying to corrupt the minds of the people that see it.  It's a STORY about a fantasy world on another planet.

Audiences experience 'AVATAR' blues; depression and suicidal thoughts...
We can do without these people. If their lives are so pathetic that they need to kill themselves because they can never get to Pandora then I suggest we just let them. But I'm sure there are a lot of therapists that disagree with me.

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Wowzers... some people are just crazy! I thought people obsessed about Twilight, but this is crazy!

MaTT said...

I like how in that picture, there's a guy with a box of pizza, looking directly at the camera. HAHA.