Wednesday, January 31, 2007

File attachment kills 1 terabyte from mail server.

The following is a chat I had with a guy today. I'll change his name to protect him.

1:50 PM me: LOL
I totally understand
too bad we can't group chat
1:51 PM Jerk: hehe!
that would be cool :)
me: yeah
Jerk: oh man
me: ??????
1:53 PM Jerk: we had an email beign massed emailed to everyone in right
and ppl were replying to all with it
me: smae here
Jerk: it started out as a 7.7meg email
me: same
Jerk: then grew to about 7.9megs
but...
me: nice
Jerk: its on about 1,000 accounts
me: wow
Jerk: and being sent around about 20 times
me: insnae
insane
fire ppl
Jerk: we lost about 1 terrabyte
1:54 PM our email server crashed 3times in a row
no hesitation
me: LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jerk: it was hilarious
1:55 PM awwh
the girl that started the email
just came by
she was like "jerk ...what is going on?"
hahahahaha
me: crying
Jerk: we are laughing
me: nice
Jerk: cuz idiots don't know how to click reply without attachments
if the attachment has already been massed to the entire company
1:56 PM me: "we killed 1 terabytes onteh mail server. HAHAHAHA"
Jerk: nobody else needs it or wants it
YEAH!!!
hahahaha
it is flippin crazy
everyone has been instructed to delete all the emails with that subject
good stuff
me: never dull around you huh
?
Jerk: i gotta stay awake some how...
haha
1:57 PM me: (real)LOL
Jerk: haha
good :-D

1 comments:

MaTT said...

Wow...that sux! I bet the person you talked to (Jerk) must have been a cool guy to be able to get the girl to laugh, cuz wow...that is alot of mem she just wasted!
hahaha ;-)
-MaTT