Friday, September 19, 2008

2 weeks after Chrome

I've been using Google Chrome almost exclusively since it's release. So far I still love it. There are a couple of things that I wish it could do.

So far I can't sync all my versions easily. I have it installed on my work pc, laptop and home pc. I would have to copy the settings and bookmarks from one pc to the next manually. Firefox has a nice add on called Foxmarks which allows you to create an account and store all your bookmarks on their account and auto-sync all your Firefoxes wherever they are.

Bookmarks are kind of a mess. I don't feel that Chrome is made for a user to get tho their bookmarks easily. Firefox is great for letting me search within my bookmarks. That's VERY handy and missed.

Downloads are kinda brainless. I hope that was their plan about that. One nice this is that you can search your downloads. On the other hand I don't see a way to 'clear' your downloads in mass quantities. I do love how the downloads page is organized. Like a history.

Chrome won't work for some sites and programs. I use Spiceworks at work for my network control. It's a very nice tool but it doesn't seem to play well with Chrome. I still have to use Firefox or IE for that.

No 3rd party add ons yet. iPhone was out and hacked with in a couple days. Why are there no add ons or anything for Chrome? It's been downloaded over 2 million times so far.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Of course as soon as I post this I will think of something else. What do you think about Chrome so far?

0 comments: